Company: CLA (CliftonLarsonAllen)
Posted on: July 29, 2022
Role Overview:CliftonLarsonAllen (CLA) CLA Search has been
retained by a non-profit client to identify an Assistant Controller
to serve their team by overseeing the Accounts Payable, Accounts
Receivable, and Payroll Functions of the company and it s
affiliates.About our Client:Our client is a non-profit organization
dedicated to building healthy and livable communities, where
critical home and community-based services and supports are fully
accessible to older adults, people living with disabilities, and
their caregivers. What You ll Do: Fiscal Operations
- Manages day-to-day accounting and transactional processing
activities in the Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, and
- In conjunction with other team members, design and implement
policies and procedures, internal controls, and reporting
mechanisms to ensure complete and accurate processing and recording
of financial activity in compliance with generally accepted
accounting principles and applicable state, federal, grant, and
- Oversee and process financial transactions in accordance with
- Perform monthly general ledger and bank account reconciliations
monthly under the direction of the Controller.
- Review and approve monthly account reconciliations prepared by
- Prepare financial schedules for the annual audit and assist the
Controller as needed in managing the process.
- Participate in the development and execution of
organization-wide strategies as instructed by the Controller.
- Participate in the development and maintenance of financial
reporting and associated systems e.g., Intacct, ADP, and
- Collaborate with Human Resources to maintain payroll database
and the administration of benefits.
- Participate in or manage key projects under the direction of
- Serve as mentor and coach to accounting staff, delegate
effectively, and develop a high performing team. Participate in
periodic performance assessment process.
- Leverage the strengths of the finance staff by clarifying their
roles and responsibilities while creating and promoting a positive
and supportive work environment; serve as coach and mentor to
develop a high performing team.
- Ensure Payroll, AP, AR staff receive appropriate training
remaining abreast of best practices, laws, and compliance.What You
- Bachelor s degree in Finance/Accounting; MBA and or CPA a plus;
7-10 years progressive experience in nonprofit finance.
- Demonstrated knowledge of federal, state laws and regulations,
GAAP, audits, and compliance
- Advanced technical skills: Intermediate or advanced Microsoft
Excel, Intacct, MAS 90, FRX, cloud-based software, system
- Proven track record in building processes, systems, and teams
to support organizational innovation
- Strong communication skills; written and verbal; natural leader
with exceptional collaborative skills
- Detail-oriented, highly organized, independent problem solver,
team player, ability to meet deadlines
Keywords: CLA (CliftonLarsonAllen), Lynn , Assistant Controller, Accounting, Auditing , Lynn, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!