Posted on: September 15, 2023
Who we are
With its A.I.-powered robotic technology platform, Symbotic is
changing the way consumer goods move through the supply chain.
Intelligent software orchestrates advanced robots in a
high-density, end-to-end system - reinventing warehouse automation
for increased efficiency, speed and flexibility.
What we need
We are looking for a Revenue Controller to join our Finance team
reporting to the VP, Finance & Controller. You will be responsible
for all aspects of revenue accounting with primary emphasis on US
GAAP compliance and managing revenue accounting in SAP Project
Systems. Additionally, you will oversee and assess the nature of
the transactions, and business practices to account for customer
arrangements. In addition to monthly accounting and reporting of
revenue, you will provide guidance for and implement process
improvements, as well as identify revenue control risks and ensure
effective implementation and documentation of revenue
What we do
The Finance organization is a critical financial business partner
for our cross-functional business partners. Functions include
General Accounting, Accounts Payable & Receivable, Internal Audit,
FP&A. Your role will be a technical revenue contributor and a
mentor on a growing team. Our Finance team is a trusted source for
financial information for the Company and our partners, customers,
suppliers, and stakeholders.
What you'll do
- Draw on your experience to ensure compliance with revenue
recognition standards, including ASC 606.
- Review revenue contracts and ensure proper accounting
- Work closely with the technical team to research on revenue
recognition topics and support preparation of accounting
- Manage opening, maintenance and closing of customer projects in
SAP Project Systems including creation of appropriate WBS
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to ensure
revenue-related information is accurate and complete in SAP Project
Systems including planned revenue and planned costs.
- Manage monthly, quarterly, and yearly financial close
requirements around revenue recognition including coordinating with
the accounting, billing, fulfillment, and project teams.
- Oversee the Unbilled Receivable, Deferred Revenue and Deferred
Costs reporting for customer projects.
- Guide financial decisions by establishing, monitoring, and
enforcing revenue related policies and procedures.
- Provide revenue recognition guidance and training to other
business groups including Sales, Legal, and Operations.
- Develop and maintain revenue-related policies and procedures,
including accounting memos and internal controls documentation to
- Assist with coordination and preparation of the revenue related
financial data utilized in the preparation and review of periodic
SEC 10-Q and 10-K filings.
- Prepare and review SOX control activities related to revenue
- Serve as a main point of contact for the external auditors for
revenue accounting and play a key role in ensuring the timely
completion of the annual audit and quarterly review to meet
external reporting deadlines.
- Coach junior team members in the team on their day-to-day
activities and deliverables.
- Support ERP implementation.
- Work on process optimization and automation efforts to improve
efficiency and effectiveness.
- Other responsibilities as assigned.
- Occasional travel may be required.
What you'll need
- BS degree in Accounting or Finance, or equivalent experience
- Minimum of 10 years of revenue accounting experience with at
least 3+ years of management of direct reports.
- Strong knowledge of revenue recognition standard (ASC 606)
especially overtime accounting model
- Strong technical knowledge and experience with SAP project
accounting module required and MS Office
- Big 4 Accounting Firm experience preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple tasks and details
effectively with the ability to manage non-negotiable
- Effective time management skills, self- motivated, critical
attention to detail and deadlines.
- Ability to work well independently and in a team
- Ability to handle stress appropriately and interact well with
- Understanding the implications of new information for both
current and future problem-solving and decision-making.
- Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and
weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions, or approaches to
Symbotic is an automation technology leader reimagining the supply
chain with its end-to-end, AI-powered robotic and software
platform. Symbotic reinvents the warehouse as a strategic asset for
the world's largest retail, wholesale, and food & beverage
companies. Applying next-gen technology, high-density storage and
machine learning to solve today's complex distribution challenges,
Symbotic enables companies to move goods with unmatched speed,
agility, accuracy and efficiency. As the backbone of commerce the
Symbotic platform transforms the flow of goods and the economics of
supply chain for its customers. For more information, visit .
We are a community of innovators, collaborators and pioneers who
embrace our differences, because we know unique perspectives make
us stronger and smarter. Every perspective matters. We depend on
the collective voices of our employees, customers and community to
help guide us as we build a better place to work - for you and the
world. That's why we're proud to be an equal opportunity
We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry,
religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age,
citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity,
gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.
Keywords: Symbotic, Lynn , Revenue Controller, Accounting, Auditing , Lynn, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!