Senior Network Engineer
Posted on: June 17, 2022
NETWORK ENGINEER - Enterprise Programs - LAN/WAN Solutions
DesignAre you ready for the biggest challenge in your career? As a
member of the CBTS Enterprise Programs team, you will become part
of an elite engineering team responsible for providing network
designs, implementing new technology and infrastructure, and
providing initial operational support. Specifically, you will
conduct high-level network design, discovery, implementation, and
transition networks into full-time operational support in one of
the largest global network environments on the planet. You will
also be responsible for managing tasks, dates and status updates
with your project manager. This is your opportunity to learn and
gain experience with cutting edge technology and lay the
foundations for a long term career at CBTS.
- This position is part of a hybrid telecommute / onsite workforce
dedicated to the global redesign of an Enterprise Network
Infrastructure. This Network Engineers dedicated work site will sit
in Lynn, Massachusetts.
Essential Functions70% - Design, document, and implement network
solutions20% - Work with project managers for tasks related to
project activities10% - Participate in peer reviews and follow ITIL
processes (change / problem / incident management, CMDB)
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or Engineering
- Vocation School Completion in Network/Security/Computer
- 5+ Years
- Cisco CCNP Route Switch / Data Center and / or CCDP or
- ITIL certification is a bonus
Previous Job Experience
- Cisco switching (6500, 4500, 3750/3560)
- Nexus 7k / 5k /2k experience highly preferred
- Cisco routing (ASR, 7200, ISR G2)
- Network IPS / IDS is a bonus
- Cisco ASA Firewalls / F5 LTM / Cisco WAAS is a bonus
- Understanding enterprise change control processes as well as
- Experience using network analysis, management and performance
monitoring tools to plan for growth, diagnose problems and
determining traffic patterns.
- Planning implementations, building comprehensive test plans,
troubleshooting methodologies, and Cisco design framework.
- Initiative and willingness to learn are keys to success in this
- Expert knowledge of TCP/IP v4.
- VLANs, PVLANs, Layer 3 switching, ACL's, Spanning Tree (MST /
PVST), CatOS / IOS / NX-OS
- Cisco Nexus vPC, VDC, FabricPath, FEX technologies.
- Working knowledge of WAN and DMZ technologies.
- Complete understanding of EIGRP / BGP / OSPF and managing
routing in an enterprise environment.
- High level switching / routing troubleshooting skills.
- Working knowledge of network and server bandwidth management
- Expert knowledge of the configuration and maintenance of
routers, switches, firewalls.
- Expert knowledge of OCx, Ethernet, Gigabit Ethernet / 10Gb
Ethernet, and other bandwidth link specifications.
- Preferable expert knowledge of infrastructure cabling (Cat5e,
Cat6, MM / SM / OM3 fiber) and corresponding transceivers (SFPs,
- Special consideration given to the ability to script and use
automation to perform tasks.
If you have a strong desire to be learn, be mentored and have what
it takes to succeed in a fast-paced global enterprise environment,
then apply today and please visit www.cbts.com for more information
on additional opportunities.
Cincinnati Bell Technology Solutions provides equal employment
opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual
orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age,
disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status
as a protected veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state
and local laws.
Keywords: CBTS, Lynn , Senior Network Engineer, Engineering , Lynn, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!