Assistant Vice President, Business Banking Underwriter II
Company: Eastern Bank
Posted on: November 23, 2021
The Business Banking Underwriter Position Underwrites all types
of Business Banking Loans and is responsible for recommending the
disposition for all loans over their lending authority. The
position requires the ability to make prudent credit decisions
relative to the preservation of all credit enhancements available
to minimize commercial loss exposure to the Bank. The impact
relative to these decisions made within this authority have a
direct relationship to the institution---s overall credit quality
and profitability. This role Requires sound decisions related to
the appropriate loan structuring and underwriting criteria as
defined by Bank Loan Policy. Position interacts with all
departments of the Bank. Responsibilities include but are not
- Responsible for reviewing all loan applications loaded into the
nCino commercial loan system. This includes reviewing the financial
information and collateral valuations to evaluate borrower---s
ability to perform as presented in loan package. This entails loan
structuring to include all available credit enhancements such as
SBA. Knowledge of SBA SOP and underwriting and documentation
requirements are required.
- Responsible for updating the nCino system with all the
necessary information on each credit to properly maintain the
database and create reports and approval documents.
- Responsible for drafting Credit Vehicles, Terms and Conditions
memo and Commitment letters.
- Responsible for the maintenance of all information on each
application in an organized manner, while the loan is being
- Responsible for assisting Business Banking relationship
managers by being available to answer questions as needed.
Education and Experience
- Minimum of BA/ BS Degree in Business, Accounting, Finance with
related credit skills. MBA Preferred.
- 3-5 years of underwriting or comparable experience
- Strong knowledge/experience in commercial loan
- Must Possess knowledge of SBA SOP 50-10
- Knowledge of the loan operations requirements and
- Knowledge of Metavante
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong time management skills and the ability to effectively
manage a loan application queue
- Knowledge of Word and Excel CB2
Keywords: Eastern Bank, Lynn , Assistant Vice President, Business Banking Underwriter II, Executive , Lynn, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!