Materials and Purchasing Manager
Company: Incendia Partners
Posted on: June 17, 2022
Materials Planning and Purchasing Manager - North Shore of
Our Client, a global leader in providing essential power solutions
to the Industrial Technology, Healthcare and Semiconductor
Manufacturing Equipment sectors is hiring a Manager of Materials
and Purchasing. A leading industry leader in the design and
manufacture power controllers, the essential hardware component in
every piece of electrical equipment that converts power from the
electricity grid into the right form for equipment to function.
Joining this innovative company means you'll work in a high
performing global organization where employees collaborate and
strive to deliver the ultimate experience for its customers.
Lead the Operations Materials organization including Planning and
Purchasing. Develop & Implement business processes and systems, to
deliver superior performance and operational efficiencies. Support
the development and implementation of Supply Chain strategies and
systems. Ensure that Materials Department supports Operations in
meeting customer requirements and business development efforts with
current and potential customers. Join the RF Operations team
collaborating across all functional areas that support Operations
- Position Summary
- Build a high performance, result oriented, focused, and
motivated team to provide world class services to customer.
- Manage customer's demand and expectation and own the
- Ensure that material supply equals demand. Optimize overall
cost of materials. Control materials
from supplier to Operations and to the customer.
- Optimize overall cost of materials. Control materials from
supplier to the operation and to the customer.
- Responsible for security and accountability of inventory levels
for multiple sites. Oversees the analysis and progression of the
- Develop & implement effective and efficient Management System
to gauge the department's execution and performance, weekly reviews
to identify and implement improvement opportunities to meet Company
and Customer expectations
- Manages suppliers, materials, and planning to proactively
improve on time delivery, planning methods, and other metrics.
- Critical Focus Areas
- Own a process to continually and systemically review materials
management metrics and reports to ensure the department is focused
on the right activities yielding optimal results structured problem
- Participate in customer meetings and audits. Lead or support
Business Development in response on Materials and Supply Chain
efforts and new initiatives. Effectively present Supply Chain and
Materials processes, initiatives, and strengths to current and
- Be a leader on the Operation's Management team to instruct the
materials team on the value of servicing the customers and meeting
business objectives by eliminating materials shortages and
- Ensure an extremely disciplined approach to customer demand
planning, Master Production
Schedule (MPS) process, materials planning, and production
- Ensure that all Purchasing, Planning, and applicable Inventory
Control staff understand the master scheduling process, business
objectives of the process, transactional requirements, and
available tools to monitor supply vs. requirements disconnects.
Monitor success of the process via applicable metrics and reports
and drive for continuous improvement.
- The Materials Dept. ensures the operation's entire master
schedule is always supported by a realistic, operationally
committed plan. Material sizing and response back to the customer
with a committed plan meets expectations.
- Staffing is balanced across all areas to optimize total
operational performance within the department. Staffing is based on
cost of performance and maximizing the performance and profit
Key Qualifications And Skills
- 10-15 years of experience in Supply Chain in Purchasing,
Planning, and Materials Management. An experience in managing
department(s) responsible for some or all aspects of materials
- Expert in functional discipline and systems which supports
- Ability to think strategically and develop vision and roadmap
- Proven track record in driving and implementing change in
- One or a combination of: a bachelor's degree (Supply Chain,
Materials Management or an
equivalent preferred), Master of Business Administration, a
certification by related professional
organizations such as APICS and NAPM.
- Extremely strong skills in the following areas: communication,
leadership, business analysis, process and system development,
administration, and change management.
- Ability to represent Materials Department for Operations,
customers, and supply base in terms of providing high-quality
responses to supply chain and materials related issues.
- Thorough understanding of Supply Chain processes and systems
from philosophical and transactional perspectives. Demonstration of
financial understanding of materials and supply chain
- Other duties as assigned
Keywords: Incendia Partners, Lynn , Materials and Purchasing Manager, Executive , Gloucester, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!