Materials Planning and Sourcing Manager
Company: XP Power
Posted on: August 2, 2022
ABOUT USXP Power is a global leader in providing essential power
solutions to the Industrial Technology, Healthcare and
Semiconductor Manufacturing Equipment sectors. We design and
manufacture power controllers, the essential hardware component in
every piece of electrical equipment that converts power from the
electricity grid into the right form for equipment to function.
Listed as a FTSE 250 company on the London Stock Exchange we are a
fast-growing business, serving our global blue-chip customer base
from 29 locations across Europe, North America, and Asia. We are
extremely proud and committed to our culture that values Customer
Focus, Flexibility, Knowledge, Speed, and Integrity. Joining our
team means you'll work in a high performing global organization
where employees collaborate and strive to make XP Power the
first-choice power solutions provider delivering the ultimate
experience for our customers and our people.THE OPPORTUNITYLead the
Operations Materials organization including Planning and
Purchasing. Develop & Implement XP business processes and systems,
to deliver superior performance and operational efficiencies.
Support the development and implementation of Supply Chain
strategies and systems. Ensure that Materials Department supports
Operations in meeting customer requirements and business
development efforts with current and potential customers. Join the
RF Operations team collaborating across all functional areas that
support RF Operations globally.KEY RESPONSIBILITIES Position
- Build a high performance, result oriented, focused, and
motivated team to provide world class services to customer.
- Manage customer's demand and expectation and own the
- Ensure that material supply equals demand. Optimize overall
cost of materials. Control materials from supplier to Operations
and to the customer.
- Optimize overall cost of materials. Control materials from
supplier to the operation and to the customer.
- Responsible for security and accountability of inventory levels
for multiple sites. Oversees the analysis and progression of the
- Develop & implement effective and efficient Management System
to gauge the department's execution and performance, weekly reviews
to identify and implement improvement opportunities to meet XP and
- Manages suppliers, materials, and planning to proactively
improve on time delivery, planning methods, and other metrics.
- Focus Areas
- Own a process to continually and systemically review materials
mgt. metrics and reports to ensure the department is focused on the
right activities yielding optimal results structured problem
- Participate in customer meetings and audits. Lead or support
Business Development in the XP Power response on Materials and
Supply Chain efforts and new initiatives. Effectively present XP
Power Supply Chain and Materials processes, initiatives, and
strengths to current and potential customers.
- Be a leader on the Operation's Management team to instruct the
materials team on the value of servicing the customers and meeting
business objectives by eliminating materials shortages and
- Ensure an extremely disciplined approach to customer demand
planning, Master Production Schedule (MPS) process, materials
planning, and production planning.
- Ensure that all Purchasing, Planning, and applicable Inventory
Control staff understand the master scheduling process, business
objectives of the process, transactional requirements, and
available tools to monitor supply vs. requirements disconnects.
Monitor success of the process via applicable metrics and reports
and drive for continuous improvement.
- The Materials Dept. ensures the operation's entire master
schedule is always supported by a realistic, operationally
committed plan. Material sizing and response back to the customer
with a committed plan meets expectations.
- Staffing is balanced across all areas to optimize total
operational performance within the department. Staffing is based on
cost of performance and maximizing the performance and profit
opportunities.Key Qualifications and Skills
- 10-15 years of experience in Supply Chain in Purchasing,
Planning, and Materials Management. An experience in managing
department(s) responsible for some or all aspects of materials
- Expert in functional discipline and systems which supports
- Ability to think strategically and develop vision and roadmap
- Proven track record in driving and implementing change in
- One or a combination of: a bachelor's degree (Supply Chain,
Materials Management or an equivalent preferred), Master of
Business Administration, a certification by related professional
organizations such as APICS and NAPM.
- Extremely strong skills in the following areas: communication,
leadership, business analysis, process and system development,
administration, and change management.
- Ability to represent Materials Department for Operations,
customers, and supply base in terms of providing high-quality
responses to supply chain and materials related issues.
- Thorough understanding of Supply Chain processes and systems
from philosophical and transactional perspectives. Demonstration of
financial understanding of materials and supply chain
- Other duties as assignedWHY WORK FOR US?XP Power provides a
safe and healthy working environment that is stimulating and
collaborative, where employees are empowered to make a real
difference. We place our people at the heart of everything we do.
We understand that if we provide our people with the ultimate
experience, they will provide the ultimate experience to our
customers.We also offer a comprehensive benefits package including:
- 100% Employer Paid Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance for
- Annual Profit-Sharing Bonus (Percentage dependent on Company
- Company 401(k) Match (up to 6%)
- Mental Health Benefits
- Paid Time Off (Accrual starts at 3 weeks per year)
- 12 Company Paid Holidays
- Paid Time Off for Volunteer Work (up to 8 hours per year)
- Employer Paid Supplemental Short-Term Disability Insurance
- Veterinary Pet Insurance
- Company Social Events Held Throughout the Year
- A Friendly Culture Where People Collaborate and Strive for
ExcellenceOUR PEOPLE - OUR POWERXP Power is an equal opportunities
employer. We are committed to creating an environment where people
are valued, supported, and nurtured to deliver their best.
Operating globally, we celebrate the cultural differences that
exist in the countries in which we do business. Being a truly
diverse and inclusive community helps us grow our business through
innovation; attracting and retaining talent to engage the people
who buy our power solutions. We know that by cultivating the
ultimate experience for all our people, they will deliver the same
to our customers.
Keywords: XP Power, Lynn , Materials Planning and Sourcing Manager, Executive , Gloucester, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!