Manager, Embedded Safety
Posted on: January 14, 2023
Who We Are
Our work matters - robotics is transforming the world of commerce.
Every day our intelligent robots are responsible for getting food
and merchandise to thousands of stores across North America. We're
an industry changer - we created the first and only fully
autonomous, end-to-end supply chain solution. Today, we are driving
towards even bigger ideas - and we have the people, technology and
leadership to fully realize these aspirations. We have
theexcitement and ambition of a startup with the benefits and
resources of a proven organization.
What You'll Do
We are looking for an experienced Embedded Safety Manager with
significant expertise in an embedded software environment and
functional safety. This role will focus on functional safety
software products and services in the industrial and general
embedded markets. You must possess a strong technical background
and have recent experience in an automotive or general embedded
device environment. Need to have a solid and proven embedded
software background. K nowledge of functional safety, e.g. IEC
61508, ISO 10218 is a plus .
Responsibilities include the planning, implementation, and
definition of successful of safety platform for autonomous
equipment and vehicles.
In This Role
- Set the vision and standards for the embedded safety team
- Develop documentation, implementation, and validation plan
- Participate in risk assessments, DFMEA and FMEDA
- Actively participate to the software development cycle to
include specification, architecture, design, coding, unit testing,
- Develop the software project by following industry and
- Promote architecture and design re-use.
- Recommend the use of third-party software.
- Provide guideline and support for hardware component
- Actively participate to the existing product improvement.
- Actively participate in hardware reviews.
- Accountable for software project milestones.
- Work closely with other teams during development, system
integration and test.
- Plan and execute documentation lifecycle.
- Plan and execute planned support (deployment, escalation,
- Available for on-call support on a rotating basis
What You'll Need
- B.S. or M.S. in Electrical Engineering or Computer Engineering,
- 4-10+ years minimum experience in embedded software design
- 3+ years minimum functional safety experience
- Knowledge of software development tools and languages such as
C++ and Assembly.
- Knowledge of micro-controllers such as Xilinx, ARM, IMX and
resource constrained frameworks.
- Knowledge of VxWorks and SafeRTOS preferred
- Functional safety software development experience
- Knowledge of electrical circuits, transducers, sensors, data
acquisition, and laboratory equipment preferred
- Knowledge of NFPA79, IEC61508 and ISO10218 preferred
- Knowledge of CAN and LIN communication
- Knowledge of Safety PLC
- Track record of managing embedded software development team in
fast paced environment
Symbotic is an automation technology leader reimagining the supply
chain with its end-to-end, AI-powered robotic and software
platform. Symbotic reinvents the warehouse as a strategic asset for
the world's largest retail, wholesale, and food & beverage
companies. Applying next-gen technology, high-density storage and
machine learning to solve today's complex distribution challenges,
Symbotic enables companies to move goods with unmatched speed,
agility, accuracy and efficiency. As the backbone of commerce the
Symbotic platform transforms the flow of goods and the economics of
supply chain for its customers. For more information, visit
We are a community of innovators, collaborators and pioneers who
embrace our differences, because we know unique perspectives make
us stronger and smarter. Every perspective matters. We depend on
the collective voices of our employees, customers and community to
help guide us as we build a better place to work - for you and the
world. That's why we're proud to be an equal opportunity
We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry,
religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age,
citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity,
gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.
Keywords: Symbotic, Lynn , Manager, Embedded Safety, Executive , Lynn, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!