Company: Element Care
Posted on: March 12, 2023
The Center Manager II manages the activities of the center which
includes the daily operations, quality, service and costs in an
expanded capacity. Position also ensures compliance with
established regulations. This position is full time Monday thru
Friday 8am to 4pm with no weekend or holiday hours. ESSENTIAL
- Manages the day to day clinical practice standards, staffing,
payroll, budgets, fiscal management and quality improvement.
- Ensures compliance with federal, state and local regulatory
requirements and established departmental policies and
- Monitors the quality of service and utilization of
- Develops and implements quality improvement plans.
- Monitors financial performance and identifies and implements
strategies to reduce costs and improve quality of
- Works with health care providers outside of the center to
coordinate interdisciplinary approach to providing continuity of
care, including utilization management.
- Ensures staff provides the highest quality of patient care and
- Investigates and resolves participant concerns regarding care
- Provides initiative in problem identification, engages in
proactive solutions, and utilizes resources effectively.
- Facilitates care plans, grievances, service requests and
- Functions in an expanded capacity, either as part of a PACE
expansion project, managing a "super site" or overseeing another
functional area of responsibility.
- Recruits, develops and motivates direct reports. Coordinates
with other managers on initiating and communicating a variety of
personnel actions including employment, termination, performance
reviews, salary reviews and disciplinary actions.
- Ability to pass a fit test. Position requires mask where seal
is critical. Incumbent is required to not have facial hair that
interferes with a tight seal of the respirator.
- Performs other duties as required. JOB SPECIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor's degree required, Master's degree preferred in social
work, nursing, health care administration or a related field.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience managing professional
- Minimum of 2 years experience working with a geriatric
- Proven experience in developing and delivering successful
business strategies through the use of intuitive business
- Knowledge of operations management.
- Demonstrated leadership and motivation skills.
- Ability to initiate and drive changes; demonstrated
- Demonstrated knowledge of quality improvement, clinical care
delivery processes, staffing and budgeting.
- Demonstrated interpersonal communication skills.
- Covid vaccine required.Element Care is an Equal Opportunity
Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national
origin, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, or on the
basis of disability.Element Care is committed to valuing diversity
and contributing to an inclusive working environment.
Keywords: Element Care, Lynn , Practice Manager, Executive , Gloucester, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...