Registered Nurse - Psychiatric Floor 2 - 32 hours/evenings
Company: Beth Israel Lahey Health
Posted on: May 13, 2022
Save Job Job Saved
Welcome to BayRidge Hospital, part of Beth Israel Lahey Health.
BayRidge Hospital provides psychiatric services to the residents of
the North Shore and greater Lynn communities. BayRidge Hospital
provides accessible, high-quality substance abuse and mental health
treatment. The 62-bed psychiatric hospital in Lynn offers a
continuum of psychiatric and chemical dependency services on an
inpatient, partial hospitalization, and outpatient basis.
About the Job
Assumes responsibility for providing skilled, creative, high
quality nursing care to patients by assessing, planning,
implementing and evaluating patient care on a 24 hour basis from
admission to discharge. Collaborates with other nursing staff and
other allied disciplines to ensure that a safe and therapeutic
environment is maintained for all patients. Is accountable for
directing and supervising the care provided by the Mental Health
Counselors. Assumes responsibility for utilizing financial, human
and material resources in an efficient manner.
Essential Functions/Key Responsibilities:
1. Is expected to support the hospital in such a manner that there
is a strong and positive commitment to quality patient care.
2. Serve as a preceptor for new employees and educate staff, as
3. Utilize supervision in a positive and thoughtful manner to
enhance professional improvement and development.
4. Attend clinical meetings that will have a positive impact on
5. Maintain solid understanding of hospital policies and protocols,
practices within those policies and protocols, and enforces such
6. Participate in any ongoing quality improvement studies that will
have positive patient care outcomes.
7. Maintain understanding of and follow regulatory agencies'
expectations and guidelines (i.e. DMH, DPH, JCAHO, payors,
8. Assess, plan and implement care on all observed symptoms,
reactions, treatments, and changes in the patient's status. Report
and record any findings to the MD and charge nurse.
9. Perform the role of medical nurse when assigned, assist the
consulting internist and Nurse Practitioner with exams and perform
treatments, tests and procedures as ordered.
10. Monitor the patient milieu for safety issues and assist with
promoting a positive therapeutic environment.
11. Respond to patient care needs and issues, assist patients with
personal hygiene and other activities of daily living. Collaborate
with and direct other nursing staff to assist with any patient
12. Admit, discharge and transfer patients to and from
department/unit ensuring that patient safety is addressed and
monitor patient valuables during belongings search.
13. Participate in treatment team meetings and develop plans of
14. Administer medications to assigned patients and monitor
15. Maintain yearly/biyearly requirements of CPR and Aggression
16. Perform other duties as assigned.
32 hours per week, evening shift.
Beth Israel Lahey Health is dedicated to improving health and
wellness and making a difference in the lives of our patients,
their families and all members of the communities we serve. Formed
in March 2019, Beth Israel Lahey Health is a patient-centered,
integrated care delivery system providing a continuum of services
spanning academic, tertiary and community hospitals, dedicated
orthopedic and psychiatric hospitals, primary and specialty care,
community acute care, ambulatory care, behavioral services and home
health. Beth Israel Lahey Health Performance Network is a unified
joint contracting and population health management organization,
jointly governed by participating physicians and hospitals.
Bachelor's in nursing preferred from an accredited school of
nursing with current professional license registration (RN license)
in Massachusetts. Basic Life Support (BLS) certification
Exhibits ability to be competent in the following areas:
1. Psychotropic medication administration and monitoring
2. Drug and alcohol withdrawal
3. De-escalation/Restraint Management
Demonstrates leadership qualities with adaptive abilities and
strong interpersonal relations skills. Possess
management skills and the ability to effectively supervise
employees. Ability to use sound administrative practices. Work
cooperatively and effectively with others and ability to adapt to
changes in the workplace.
Must be fluent in English (verbal and written).
Keywords: Beth Israel Lahey Health, Lynn , Registered Nurse - Psychiatric Floor 2 - 32 hours/evenings, Healthcare , Lynn, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!