Assistant Director of Nursing & Staff Development (ADON/SDC)
Company: Next Step Healthcare
Posted on: June 23, 2022
Gloucester Healthcare is hiring! Assistant Director of Nursing &
Staff Development (ADON/SDC)Gloucester Healthcare is a Four Star
Healthcare facility located in the beautiful North Shore area of
Massachusetts. We are offering competitive benefits plus a Sign-On
Bonus!We are looking for individuals who are looking to take the
next step in their careers and be part of a growing organization
that offers individuals the opportunity to not only learn, but grow
into exciting new avenues of nursing.In this role, the ADON/SDC
will assist the Director of Nursing Services in planning,
organizing, developing and directing the day to day functions of
the Nursing Services Department in accordance with current federal,
state and local standards governing long term care facilities, and
as may be directed by the Administrator.Responsibilities include,
but are not limited to the following:
- Participate in developing, maintaining and periodically
updating written nursing policies, procedures, reference materials,
manual, objectives and philosophies.
- Provide general orientation, mandatory in-services, continuing
education, and other training to meet all department and facility
needs and regulatory requirements.
- Determine and assess facility education needs.
- Plan, develop, and implement training.
- Assist in developing and implementing methods for coordinating
nursing services with other resident services.
- Implement plans of action to correct deficiencies.
- Ensure that all nursing services personnel are performing their
- Participate in surveys and inspections by government
- Review nurse's notes to ensure proper documentation is
maintained relating to resident's treatment, medications and
- Report problems areas to the Director of Nursing Services and
assist in developing corrective actions.Qualifications:
- Must be a Registered Nurse (RN) in good standing and currently
licensed by the state.
- Must have good verbal and communication skills with the ability
to demonstrate organizational and educations skills.
- Previous experience in a hospital, long term care facility or
other healthcare related facility.
- Long term care, skilled nursing experience is preferred.
- Must be knowledgeable of general, rehabilitative and
restorative nursing and medical practices and procedures and laws,
regulations and guidelines governing long term care.
- Completion of an Associate's Degree in Nursing.
- Must have basic computer skills.If you have a passion for
helping people, for making them feel safe, respected, cared for and
listened to, then your next step is with us.Next Step Healthcare is
an equal opportunity employer. We embrace diversity and are
committed to fostering an inclusive workplace for all
Keywords: Next Step Healthcare, Lynn , Assistant Director of Nursing & Staff Development (ADON/SDC), Healthcare , Gloucester, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!