Charge Nurse I - Pediatric Specialists
Company: Boston Medical Center
Posted on: September 24, 2022
The Charge Nurse is directly responsible to the Nurse Director.
He/she is responsible for patient flow and general coordination of
unit activities including the direction of nursing personnel during
that assigned shift, and may also provide direct patient care as
needed. The charge nurse utilizes clinical expertise, expert
leadership, decision making, systems thinking and exceptional
interpersonal communication skills to achieve the smooth flow of
patients through the department from admission to disposition,
while facilitating the delivery of high quality professional
Position: Charge Nurse I-SEIU
Department: Pedi Specialists - MP
* Assumes clinical responsibilities for limited number of
* Assess unit needs as related to staff, supplies and
* Communicates daily with nursing management to review 24 hour
* Oversees patient flow while balancing the needs of patients both
in the department and expected to arrive in the department with
* Assigns patients to rooms and notifies primary nurse.
* Maintains flow board and indicates changes as needed.
* Communicates with scheduling regarding bed availability.
* Maintains effective relationship with ancillary departments
through effective communication.
* Responsible for equipment flow, i.e., notifying appropriate
department regarding breakage, etc.
* Functions as a unit liaison to the certain hospital based
* Assists in development and monitoring of quality assurance
* Provides input into the annual performance review of staff.
* Assists with the orientation of newer staff as it relates to the
overall daily operations of the department.
* Graduate of an accredited school of nursing with an Associate's
degree or Baccalaureate degree in nursing (BSN). BSN preferred.
* Candidates who do not have a BSN must be enrolled in a
Baccalaureate program within 6 months of hire and must complete
their BSN within 36 months of hire.
CERTIFICATES, LICENCES, REGISTRATION REQUIRED
* Registration and current RN licensure in the state of MA in good
* Professional certification highly encouraged.
* CPR certification required; ACLS certification preferred.
* One to two years experience in the department.
* 1-2yrs Ambulatory outpatient/Community Health experience
* 1-2yrs of Inpatient Experience
* IV infusion experience.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
* Knowledge of childhood immunization
* Knowledge of DME, VNA and school forms
Keywords: Boston Medical Center, Lynn , Charge Nurse I - Pediatric Specialists, Healthcare , Lynn, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!