AM Oyster Shucker - 1606 Restaurant & Oyster Bar
Company: 1606 Restaurant and Bar
Posted on: August 3, 2022
Job DescriptionThe Oyster Shucker is responsible for ensuring
the Oyster bar is prepared based on established procedures. Reading
and following established recipes and plating requirements as set
by the executive chef. The Oyster Shucker provides fast, accurate
shucking of Oysters. Interaction with guests and a positive
attitude will be a large part of your responsibility. Assisting the
bar staff with duties is also required. Must be able to work days,
nights, weekends and holidays.Essential Functions· Shucks fresh
oysters or clams with shucking knife· Cleans & prepares shellfish
and other seafood for serving to customers.· May mix ketchup,
horseradish, lemon juice, and also other ingredients to make
sauces· Ensure oyster bar is properly prepared based on established
procedures· Provide assistance bar staff with filling ice,
stocking, emptying trash, etc..· Follow established recipes and
plating requirements· Provide fast, accurate shucking of oysters·
Restock all items through each shift
- Ability to stand for 8' hours length of time.
- Ability to walk/stand approximately 90% of shift.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs. on a regular and continuous
- Ability to upsell menu items.
- Requires a thorough knowledge of food & beverage service.
- Requires good communication; both verbal and written.
- Ability to communicate effectively in the English Language. A
second language is desirable.
- Ability to practice and adhere to all safety
- Work will primarily take place in the Restaurant, front of
house and back of house areas, and Food & Beverage service
- Interior and Exterior of the Restaurant, exposure to sun, heat,
cold and changing weather conditions.The Beauport Hospitality Group
is an equal opportunity employer encouraging diversity in the
workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regards to race, color, national origin, gender
(including pregnancy), age, religion, disability, sexual
orientation, veteran status, or any other status or characteristic
protected by law.
Benefits:What can you expect from Beauport Hospitality Group?
- Benefits when working on average 30 hours – including paid time
off & health coverage (medical, dental, vision)
- ** Waiting period applies to all Team Members.
- Discount when dining at the Beauport Hospitality Group
- Rewards and Recognition.
- Commitment to promote from within.
Keywords: 1606 Restaurant and Bar, Lynn , AM Oyster Shucker - 1606 Restaurant & Oyster Bar, Hospitality & Tourism , Gloucester, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!