Bartender - 1606 Restaurant & Oyster Bar
Company: 1606 Restaurant and Bar
Posted on: August 5, 2022
Job Description$1,500 Sign-On BonusThis position is responsible
for all aspects of Bartending, providing knowledgeable, prompt and
courteous service at the bar as well as to the Servers. The
Bartender will provide guests with detailed wine, beer and cocktail
descriptions and anticipate guest needs.Experience:Must have at
least two (2) or more years of Bartending experience in a
Full-Service Restaurant, with a combination of previous Food &
Beverage experience.Preferably TIPS CertifiedESSENTIAL
- Assist with greeting the guest and creating a memorable first
- Ensure proper set up of bar area prior to service, preparing
all garnishes and drink ingredients.
- Provide detailed descriptions of all wines, beers and liquors,
with the ability to effectively make recommendations.
- Service of cocktails, wine and beer in accordance with safe
alcohol service standards.
- Organize and maintain consistent liquor inventory.
- Serve guests of the bar area efficiently, and with knowledge of
- Assist in developing innovative drinks for guests and bar
- Adhere to the proper cash handling procedures, obtaining
payment and settling all charges.
- Communicate daily drink specials and specialty menu items to
- Completion of all opening and closing side work, cleaning
checklists and duties related to the shift.
- Participate in daily staff meetings and departmental training
- Ability to stand for 8' hours length of time.
- Ability to walk/stand approximately 90% of shift.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs. on a regular and continuous
- Ability to upsell menu items.
- Requires a thorough knowledge of food & beverage service.
- Requires good communication; both verbal and written.
- Ability to communicate effectively in the English Language. A
second language is desirable.
- Familiarity with industry relevant Point of Sales systems.
- Ability to practice and adhere to all safety
- Work will primarily take place in the Restaurant, all back of
house areas, and Food & Beverage service areas.
- Interior and Exterior of the Restaurant, exposure to sun, heat,
cold and changing weather conditions.The Beauport Hospitality Group
is an equal opportunity employer encouraging diversity in the
workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regards to race, color, national origin, gender
(including pregnancy), age, religion, disability, sexual
orientation, veteran status, or any other status or characteristic
protected by law.
Benefits:What can you expect from Beauport Hospitality Group?
- Benefits when working on average 30 hours – including paid time
off & health coverage (medical, dental, vision)
- ** Waiting period applies to all Team Members.
- Discount when dining at the Beauport Hospitality Group
- Rewards and Recognition.
- Commitment to promote from within.
- Safe & Secure working environment, following all COVID
Keywords: 1606 Restaurant and Bar, Lynn , Bartender - 1606 Restaurant & Oyster Bar, Hospitality & Tourism , Gloucester, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!