Temp Employment Counselor
Company: Eliot Community Human Services
Posted on: September 20, 2022
DescriptionEliot is currently seeking a candidate with
experience providing vocational counseling and vocational
development with people with mental illnesses. The ideal candidate
will have familiarity with concepts and implementation of
Individual Placement and Support (IPS) as well as Transitional and
Supported employment.Eliots Behavioral Health Division provides an
integrated and comprehensive network of services to adults with
psychiatric disabilities that are evidence based, provide
rehabilitation and hope to those in services. Eliot is known for
our innovative clinical approach, high quality clinical training
and for having the most talented people in community behavioral
- Promote recovery, rehabilitation and growth by providing direct
support to members.
- Assist members in identifying their goals related to employment
- Provide supportive counseling to members related to their goals
that builds upon their desire for change and encourages them to
achieve their vocational goals.
- Participate in the development of Action Plans. Promote the
inclusion of member preferences related to employment and
education, assisting all Clubhouse staff in developing
interventions to support members employment goals.
- Directly assist members in applying for employment, developing
resumes, and learning new skills to achieve goals. Assist members
with accessing and attending community based employment
- Teach and tutor members in learning new skills to overcome
barriers. Emphasize the use of natural supports and community
resources to overcome barriers.
- Assist members with obtaining services to meet educational
goals. Ensure they are able to access financial resources, guidance
counselors and tutors as appropriate.
- Assist other staff members in providing interventions related
to employment and education as needed.
- Provide side by side supports to members pursing employment and
education and other interventions related to Action Plan. Assist
members with preparing for each pursuit by providing one to one
- Assist members in accessing community resources and linkages.
Provide direct support by working with members in their communities
to access these supports. Schedule: Mon-Fri 8am-4pm with some
flexibility*Eliot mandates COVID-19 vaccinations for employees,
please discuss the requirements with the hiring manager during the
- Experience with population: Advanced
- Computer Software Skills: Advanced
- Communication Skills: Advanced
- Administrative Tasks: AdvancedEducationRequired
- Bachelors or better in RehabilitationLicenses &
Keywords: Eliot Community Human Services, Lynn , Temp Employment Counselor, Human Resources , Lynn, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!