Registered Nurse ( RN )- Intensive Care Unit ( ICU ) 36 hr Nights
Company: Addison Gilbert Hospital
Posted on: January 22, 2023
When you join the growing BILH team, you're not just taking a
job, you're making a difference in people's lives.
Night (United States of America)
Essential Role Responsibilities
Assessment: The RN collects health data and determines nursing
- Performs complete and thorough assessments of the patient's
physical, functional, spiritual, cultural, psychosocial,
nutritional and pain status.
- Identification of needs of the patient/ family.
- Conducts reassessments according to current nursing
- Consistently assesses patient/family discharge planning and
educational needs.Planning: The RN develops a plan of care that
identifies expected outcomes individualized to the patient and
prescribes interventions to attain outcomes.
- Development of an individualized and flexible plan of care for
each patient utilizing appropriate nursing standards, incorporating
the patient and family in the development of the plan.
- Consults and collaborates with other disciplines to meet
identified patient/family needs.
- Develops and implements patient/family teaching plan
- Identifies individualized goals for each patient based on
current knowledge and skills.Implementation: The RN implements the
interventions to attain expected outcomes.
- Implements the plan of care following the actions
- Documents progress towards goals established in the plan of
care utilizing the appropriate forms and or tools.
- Administers medications safely and in accordance with hospital
policies and procedures. Demonstrates knowledge of dosage ranges,
therapeutic indications and side effects for medications
administered to the patient. Applies clinical judgment in the
appropriate administration of "PRN" medications. Utilizes the pain
scale as part of the pre and post pain assessment with each dosage
- Adheres to Patient Care Services and Areas of Practice
policies, procedures, standards of care and code of
ethics,Evaluation: The RN evaluates the patient's progress toward
attainment of outcomes.
- Evaluates the plan of care, reviewing and revising as needed,
anticipating and intervening in potential problems/complications
before they occur.
- Evaluates the patient/family teaching plan, reviewing and
revising as needed.
- Communicates with other disciplines, as appropriate in regards
to evaluating the effectiveness of the plan of care
- Revises plan of care as appropriate. Education:
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing
- Previous Diabetes Care experience preferred
- Bachelor of Science Degree Preferred Experience: n/a
- Current Massachusetts RN licensure
- BCLS required
- Certified Diabetes Educator FLSA Status:
As a health care organization, we have a responsibility to do
everything in our power to care for and protect our patients, our
colleagues and our communities. Beth Israel Lahey Health requires
that all staff be vaccinated against influenza (flu) and COVID-19
as a condition of employment. Learn more about this
More than 35,000 people working together. Nurses, doctors,
technicians, therapists, researchers, teachers and more, making a
difference in patients' lives. Your skill and compassion can make
us even stronger.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
Keywords: Addison Gilbert Hospital, Lynn , Registered Nurse ( RN )- Intensive Care Unit ( ICU ) 36 hr Nights, Human Resources , Gloucester, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!