Immediate- Technology Coordinator
Company: KIPP Massachusetts
Posted on: May 4, 2021
The mission of all of KIPP Massachusetts schools is to create an
environment where students develop the academic skills,
intellectual habits, and character traits necessary to maximize
their potential in high school, college, and the world beyond. Our
program is based on:
- A focus on high-quality instruction supported by rigorous
professional development to ensure that our students develop the
academic skills necessary to pursue the life they choose.
- High regard for character development to ensure that our
students and staff celebrate and develop their character and
- An emphasis on family engagement, because we believe that our
students are most likely to be able to maximize their potential
when we work in partnership with our students and their
- A focus on college readiness for all students so that all
students can make choices about their post-secondary education and
What We Do
We seek to provide a world-class education for students from
educationally underserved communities in Lynn and Boston. Our
student demographics mirror those of neighborhood schools in terms
of race, socioeconomic status, English Language Learners, and
students who receive special education services.
Our promise to families is that their children will enter college
and the professional world able to thrive academically due to their
literacy, numeracy, and core knowledge in science and social
studies. We also promise that our students will develop the zest
for learning and grit necessary to persevere as they climb the
mountain to and through college and career. Our graduates will be
prepared to return to their community as teachers, leaders, and
architects of continued growth in Lynn and Boston.
Our Diversity, Equity and Inclusivity Vision
At KIPP Massachusetts, we believe that Knowledge is Power. Every
day, our team and family have the opportunity to either perpetuate
systems of oppression or disrupt them. We are compelled by the
ideals of diversity, equity, and inclusivity. Therefore, we
continuously commit to operating as an anti-racist organization.
Read more at Diversity Equity Inclusivity Vision.
Who We Are
KIPP Massachusetts began enrolling students in 2004. We currently
hold two charters, operating two "districts." Our first district,
KIPP Academy Lynn Charter School, is based in Lynn, MA. Our second
district, KIPP Academy Boston Charter School, is based in Mattapan,
MA. Each district is housed on one or more "campuses," which we use
to refer to different grade spans, for example, elementary grades,
middle school grades, or high school grades.
In Lynn, KIPP Academy Lynn Elementary (serving grades K-4), KIPP
Academy Lynn Middle (serving grades 5-8), and KIPP Academy Lynn
Collegiate (serving grades 9-12), are all under our Lynn charter.
Admission to any grade in the Lynn district is admission to all
remaining grades in the Lynn district K-12. 66% of our students in
Lynn are Hispanic, 23% are Black, and 11% are other
KIPP Academy Boston(serving grades K-8) operates under our Boston
charter. Admission to any grade in the Boston district is admission
to all remaining grades in the Boston district, K-8. 68% of our
students in Boston are Black, 30% are Hispanic and 2% are other
Across both districts, in the school year, 2020-2021 KIPP
Massachusetts will serve over 2,100 students.
KIPP Massachusetts is part of the nation-wide KIPP non-profit
network of 255 college-preparatory, public charter schools
educating more than 100,000 early childhood, elementary, middle,
and high school students.
KIPP Massachusetts is committed to creating a diverse, equitable,
and inclusive environment for all of our students, families,
teachers, staff, and community members.
KIPP MA's several Technology Coordinators provide user and help
desk support as the first line of defense for troubleshooting staff
and student technology concerns and responding to help tickets.
Day-to-day tasks primarily include working with school leaders,
teachers, and other staff to troubleshoot hardware/software issues
including wireless connectivity issues, printing, scanning, and
copiers as well as working on Chrome books, Lenovo Think Pad
Laptops, and MACs. The Coordinator is part of a larger region-wide
Technology Team that supports all technology resources required for
the organization to achieve its educational and business goals
during rapid, multi-site growth.
The Technology Coordinator will report directly to KIPP MA's
Regional Technology Manager
Scope Of Responsibilities
User Support & Customer Service:
- Ensure excellent, proactive, and responsive user support for
staff and students on all technology issues (i.e. computers,
printers, servers, classroom A/V, computer labs, server
connections, voice/telecommunications, copiers, other hardware,
applications, smartboards, etc.)
- Actively be part of a team that meets specified customer
service metrics and service level standards, measured by staff
surveys, tech ticket system, etc. ensuring a remarkable level of
customer service is provided
- Provide effective technology training to staff and students, as
Systems Design & Administration
- Remote Support, VPN and other remote access assistance
- Support Google-based email/calendar/contacts system and/or
convert to Outlook.
- Support the maintenance & management of security/surveillance
technologies and equipment.
- Support the administrative aspects of the Tech Team via
regularly reconciling open items, active accounts (e-mail,
computer, etc.) under the direction of the Tech Lead.
- Perform a quarterly review of all tech assets to ensure proper
recordkeeping of all assets (laptops, Chromebooks, Macs,
projectors, printers, etc.).
- Support major PC/Mac operating systems, MS Office and other
desktop applications, and information systems - including student,
alumni, accounting, fundraising, human resources, and other
information systems and databases.
- Office phone systems; Cell phones and smartphone services.
- Accurately diagnose and repair operational problems on a wide
range of devices (laptops, Chromebooks, desktops, mobile devices,
printers, multi-function printers/copiers)
- Coordinate support (through vendors when needed) for district
copiers/multifunction devices and staff cell phones
Other duties or projects as assigned within the technology and
Floating customer service may apply between school breaks, PDs,
work weeks, closed school days (non holidays). Must be willing to
travel and adjust working location.
- Minimum of an Associate's Degree in related field required
- Ability to communicate with staff at all levels and at varying
levels of technology understanding
- Ability to work under pressure and remain calm in the midst of
- Prior experience working directly providing customer service
support in a technology help desk or desktop support role that
involves troubleshooting technical issues by logic, reason,
established processes, and escalation steps
- Experience in a school, education, or other nonprofit setting a
- Working knowledge of Windows & Mac installation, configuration
- Working knowledge and experience using Active Directory to
manager users and groups.
- Experience with troubleshooting Gmail, Microsoft Outlook,
Google docs, Microsoft Office Suite.
- Excellent troubleshooting skills and track record of providing
remarkable customer service
- Working knowledge of Android/iOS mobile operating systems.
- Working knowledge of TCP/IP, wireless networking and
- Setting up, understanding & managing client/server
applications, Windows Server(s)
- Experience supporting Microsoft Windows XP/7 & 8, Mac OS X,
computer hardware and
- Ability to troubleshoot printers, copiers, projectors, and
general classroom A/V equipment
- Familiarity with the following technologies preferred:
Information Systems include student information systems
(PowerSchool or others), fundraising systems (Salesforce),
accounting systems (MIP/Sage or others); PC and Mac platforms; help
desk systems; SharePoint and file/knowledge management systems;
interactive whiteboards and educational technologies.
Traits & Qualities
- Relentless determination to do whatever it takes to help our
- Demonstrated commitment to superior customer service.
Goal-driven, accountable, and reliable.
- Strong attention to detail and follow through.
- Creative problem-solver; ability to work independently as
needed within parameters set by and under the supervision of a
- Ability to communicate clearly, responsively, and proactively
orally and in writing with diverse stakeholders and customers
- Deep alignment with KIPP MA mission, values, culture, and
is commensurate with experience and includes a comprehensive
- Submit your resume and application through our online job board
- The KIPP MA Recruitment Team will select candidates to move
forward to the phone interview stage.
- Following the phone interview, the KIPP MA team will invite
qualified candidates to interview with KIPP MA School or Regional
KIPP Massachusetts, KIPP Academy Lynn, and KIPP Academy Boston are
equal opportunity employers. We do not discriminate on the basis of
race, sex, color, national origin, gender identity, religion,
creed, ethnicity, sexual orientation, mental or physical
disability, age, ancestry, special need, proficiency in the English
language, or a foreign language. We are committed to hiring a
diverse and multicultural staff and encourage applications from
traditionally underrepresented backgrounds.
Keywords: KIPP Massachusetts, Lynn , Immediate- Technology Coordinator, IT / Software / Systems , Lynn, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!