Agile Development Manager (remote)
Company: EBSCO Information Services
Posted on: June 17, 2022
EBSCO Information Services has a rare opening for a remote Agile
Development Manager reporting in to its Ipswich, MA office. This
manager is a leader who guides, coaches, and mentors a team of
software engineers, test engineers, and automation engineers in the
design, development, delivery, and maintenance of premium online
Discovery and Research products. This person will lead teams who
create information products and services that inform the world,
advancing research in traditional and emerging fields and
transforming learning and education.This role is primarily focused
on the leadership and development of people and practices and
enables self-directed teams to successfully execute against their
goals within an Agile organization in support of corporate vision
- Manage 2-3 teams of -5-7 engineers each, with focus on team
development and growth
- Work directly with product owners and business representatives
to provide business solutions from inception to operation.
- Ensure that the whole teams owns the quality of the products we
produce and maintain a balanced mindset across the engineering
disciplines involved in delivering those products according to the
'definition of done'.
- Be a guardian of world-class customer experience.
- Stay abreast of industry/technology trends relevant to the
Software Engineering discipline
- Regularly review team performance, collaborate with them on
improvement initiatives/experiments (PDSA Cycle), and understand
the data, team and workflow.
- Attract, recruit, retain, and develop top engineering
- Review the performance of individual team members and provide
effective coaching for improvement.
- Cultivate and groom leaders.
- Act as a servant leader to a team or a team of teams so that
they are enabled to maximize the value they can deliver to the
- Foster a growth mind-set in all employees.
- Foster and enable software craftsmanship and innovation.
- Advocate for the team and promote their successes, celebrate
their failures, and share key learnings throughout the
- Lead accountability, autonomy, and empowerment within your
teams and manage the appropriate boundaries to achieve the result
of having self-directed work teams.
- Live the principles behind the Agile Manifesto and SAFe
framework in all interactions and equip the team to do the
- Bachelor's Degree
- 10+ years' experience in software development
- 3+ years' experience as a senior team lead or manager in an
agile SW development environment
- 3+ years' experience in agile/Scrum/Kanban/SAFe
- 2 years' experience with Java development
- Proven track record in fostering, grooming, and growing
- Proven track record in attracting new talent and retaining key
- Conflict resolution and coaching
- Change management and coaching
- Ability to quickly understand and assess technical aspects of
our products and components
- Ability to advise on best practices (architecture,
implementation, team dynamics, etc.)
- Deep technical knowledge of a complex domain (e.g. search,
analytics, machine learning, expert systems, AI, etc.)
- Superb communication and presentation skills
- Capable of contributing technically when necessary
- Deep knowledge of software design patterns, algorithms, data
structures and modern programming techniques
- Database design and data architecture skills
- Relevant experience
- Building high volume search applications
- Familiarity with search in general, Full text in
- Predictive analytics and machine learning techniques
- Semantic search, ontologies
- Leveraging public cloud infrastructure (specifically
- Scaled Agile Framework for Enterprises (SAFe)
- Microservice architecture
- Experience delivering reliable DevOps solutions, continuous
integration and continuous delivery
- Positive Attitude
- Good Judgement
- Open Communication
- Desire to Make an Impact
- Eager to Understand, Learn and Grow
EBSCO Industries, Inc.is an equal opportunity employer and complies
with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment
practices laws. EBSCO strictly prohibits and does not tolerate
discrimination against employees, applicants, or any other covered
persons because of race, color, sex (including pregnancy), age,
national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, religion, creed, sexual
orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of
disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment,
including, but not limited to, hiring, training, promotion,
discipline, compensation, benefits, and termination of
employment.EBSCO complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act
(ADA), as amended by the ADA Amendments Act, and all applicable
state or local law.
Job Segment: Developer, Test Engineer, Testing, Cloud, Data
Architect, Technology, Engineering, Data
Keywords: EBSCO Information Services, Lynn , Agile Development Manager (remote), IT / Software / Systems , Ipswich, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!