Sr Toolchain Software Support Engineer, IT DevOps team
Posted on: September 18, 2019
Senior Toolchain Software Support Engineer I or II
IT DevOps Classified Engineering Solutions
Raytheon IDS - Woburn, MA (travel to Tewksbury and Marlborough, MA
Design, implement, and support software development tool
environments for IDS Engineers who support our global customer
programs. Develop, Refine, and shape the future technology
infrastructure that will allow our Engineers to bring innovative
solutions to our customer with greater speed and efficiency!
This role in Raytheon IDS Information Technology is an exciting
opportunity to join our growing Classified Engineering Solutions
and DevOps organization as a Senior Tool Chain Software Support
Engineer. The primary responsibility for this position is to
design, implement and support software development tool
environments for multiple programs.
- Learn to design and develop engineering tools solutions based
on the IBM Tool Suite (Rational Team Concert, DOORS, ClearCase,
Rhapsody), as well as Atlassian.
- Consult with engineering leads on re-designing workflows and
- Research and provide recommendations on new toolchains, and
develop migration strategies for their use
- Support the automation and maintenance of Continuous
Integration/Continuous Deployment (CI/CD) pipelines
- Provide documentation of implemented environment by authoring
procedures, work instructions and program profile documents
- Manage the release of upgrades and patches to the
- Provide guidance on software engineering infrastructure
- Monitor tool utilization, performance and stability,
AtlassianPlease note - this role requires an active US DOD Secret
security clearance as of Day One of employment, except in rare
cases only US Citizens are able to obtain US Security
Capped Budget relocation is available to the selected applicant if
they are eligible per company policy.
This role will be located in Woburn, MA with the IDS IT DevOps
Classified programs team, and will require the individual to travel
regularly to support programs as needed in Marlborough and
This role will be filled at either G08 or G09 Salary grade level,
at the discretion of the hiring manager.
- 1+ years' experience working with or administering the IBM
Rational Tool Suite (ClearCase, DOORS and Rational Team Concert).
ClearCase power-user or administrator experience is required.
- Familiarity with supporting Windows and Linux operating
- Four + year's professional software development and support
- Experience with deploying and running Jenkins
- Proven analytical skills and the ability to understand and
troubleshoot complex tool-set problems.
- Working knowledge of Agile concepts and methodologies
- Must possess an active US DOD Secret Clearance.
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Computer Science, Engineering,
Mathematics, Physics or other technical discipline (Significant
applicable work experience will be considered in lieu of
- Experience with C, C++, C# or Java
- Proven work with Perl and C Shell scripting
- Experience with Atlassian tools (JIRA, Git, BitBucket or
- Experience in writing IaC (infrastructure as code) using Chef,
Puppet or equivalent
- Understanding of code analysis tools such as Coverity
- Strong knowledge of release engineering concepts
- Working knowledge of IA tools and concepts
- Working knowledge of Cybersecurity tools and concepts
- Solid organizational skills.
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written.
What's YOUR Mission?
Here at Raytheon, we work together as one global team creating
trusted, innovative solutions to make the world a safer place. Our
innovation spans all domains: from land and sea to air, space and
cyberspace. We're inspired by a noble mission that's shared by
Raytheon employees around the globe and an inclusive culture that
empowers employees and celebrates their contributions.
What We Offer: Whether you're just starting out on your career
journey or are an experienced professional, Raytheon offers a
robust total rewards package that goes above and beyond with
compensation; healthcare, wellness, retirement and work/life
benefits; career development and recognition programs. Some of the
superior benefits Raytheon offers include paternal leave, flexible
work schedules, achievement awards, educational assistance and
child/adult backup care.
Find out why Forbes ranks us among the top 500 of America's Best
Employers by visiting us online at www.raytheon.com.
Stay Connected: Don't miss out on what's happening at
- Follow @Raytheon on Twitter
- Follow Raytheon on YouTube
- Follow Raytheon on LinkedIn
- Follow Raytheon Company on Instagram
Are you ready to be remarkable with Raytheon?
Raytheon: Why I Choose Raytheon
Raytheon: Making the World a Safer Place
142036Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or
protected Veteran status.
Keywords: Raytheon, Lynn , Sr Toolchain Software Support Engineer, IT DevOps team, IT / Software / Systems , Boston, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!