Quality Supplier Engineer
Company: Applied Materials
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Applied Materials is the leader in materials engineering
solutions to produce virtually every new chip and advanced display
in the world. Our expertise in modifying materials at atomic levels
and on an industrial scale enables customers to transform
possibilities into reality. Our innovations make possible the
technology shaping the future. To achieve this, we employ some of
the best, brightest and most talented people in the world who work
together as part of a winning team.
We are actively recruiting for a Senior Supplier Quality
Engineer to support our Implant Business Unit in Gloucester, MA! We
are currently open to Newly College Graduates as well!
The Supplier Quality team is a supportive, cross-functional team
with many different skillsets and experiences, lending itself to
many learning opportunities from within the team. Additionally,
Applied Materials has extensive internal and external training
programs offering various certifications and development
opportunities tailored specifically for the engineers skill sets
and goals. The highly dynamic workload is project-focused, allowing
the engineer to manage individual work schedules.
- Develops and applies quality standards in accordance with
company and customer requirements. Develops and conducts related
- Manages all issues related to supplier quality in a variety of
commodity areas including Build to Print, Contract Manufacturing,
Mechanical, OEM, Consumables, and Electro-mechanical
- Oversees First Article Inspection process, source inspections,
and supplier co-builds to drive successful first-time builds.
- Lead supplier qualification, ISO and process audits, develops
gap analysis plans, manages supplier improvement plans, and
monitors ongoing progress.
- Drives compliance and improvements in a wide variety of
supplier processes and technologies in order to achieve the
company's quality requirements.
- Generates reports, quality data, presentations and quality
plans and communicates regularly with Engineering, Supply Chain,
Manufacturing, and Suppliers.
- Designs and implements methods and procedures for inspecting,
testing, and evaluating the precision and accuracy of products and/
or production equipment.
- Develops methods and parameters, project methodology and/ or
- Develops and uses procedures. Prepares documentation for
inspection/ testing procedures. Recommends corrective action for
procedural, product, or process deficiencies.
- Analyze operational data; Develop and implement
recommendations. Participates in and may lead audits.
- Evaluates work methods, procedures, and policies. Tracks
progress of qualification status, reviews reliability test results,
determines the disposition of non-compliant products, reviews, and
releases qualification packs
- Builds collaborative relationships with Suppliers, Supply
Chain, MFG, and Engineering organizations in order to work
cross-functionally in solving challenging problems and to ensure
- Utilizes drawings, specifications, industry standards, and
sketches, adapting inspection measuring devices and procedures when
necessary. Read and interpret technical drawings and specification
- Reduces qualification cycle time and cost while still meeting
quality performance requirements.
Education & Experience
- Bachelors or Masters Degree in Mechanical, Electrical, or
Industrial Engineering, or other Engineering disciplines.
- Experience in Manufacturing & NPI strongly preferred
- SAP and Agile experience is a definite plus
- Ticker: Nasdaq: AMAT
- Market Cap: $43.5 billion
- Fiscal 2018 Revenue: $17.3 billion
- Fiscal 2018 R&D: $2 billion
- Founded: November 10, 1967
- Headquarters: Santa Clara, California
- Global Presence: 93 locations in 17 countries
- Manufacturing: China, Germany, Israel, Italy, Singapore,
Switzerland, Taiwan, United States
- Employees: ~21,000 worldwide
- Patents: >12,500 issued
Qualifications Education: Bachelor's Degree Skills Certifications:
Languages: Years of Experience: 4 - 7 Years Work Experience:
Additional Information Travel: Yes, 10% of the Time Relocation
Applied Materials is committed to diversity in its workforce
including Equal Employment Opportunity for Minorities, Females,
Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities.
Keywords: Applied Materials, Lynn , Quality Supplier Engineer, Other , gloucester, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!