Welcome to BayRidge Hospital, part of Beth Israel Lahey Health.
BayRidge Hospital provides psychiatric services to the residents of
the North Shore and greater Lynn communities. BayRidge Hospital
provides accessible, high-quality substance abuse and mental health
treatment. The 62-bed psychiatric hospital in Lynn offers a
continuum of psychiatric and chemical dependency services on an
inpatient, partial hospitalization, and outpatient basis.
BayRidge Hospital, A member of Beth Israel Lahey Health, promotes
the culture and philosophy which enables employees to give and
receive the best of care. You can become a part of the team that
achieves this success through our CREATE values of Compassion,
Respect, Excellence, Accountability, Teamwork, and Empathy.
About the Job
Assumes responsibility for providing skilled, creative, high
quality care to patients under the direction and supervision of a
Registered Nurse. Performs a variety of direct and indirect patient
care duties and responsibilities in collaboration with other
nursing staff. Works effectively and collaboratively with the
multi-disciplinary treatment team to enhance the smooth delivery of
quality nursing care.
Essential Functions/Key Responsibilities:
1. Support the hospital in such a manner that there is a strong
and positive commitment to quality patient care.
2. Serve as a preceptor for new employees and educates staff, as
3. Utilize supervision in a positive and thoughtful manner to
enhance professional improvement and development.
4. Attend clinical meetings that will have an impact on patient
5. Maintain solid understanding of hospital policies and protocols,
and practices within those policies and protocols.
6. Participate in any ongoing quality improvement studies that will
have positive patient care outcomes.
7. Maintain understanding of and follow regulatory agencies
expectations and guidelines (i.e. DMH, DPH, JCAHO, payors,
8. Record and report all observed symptoms, reactions, treatments
and changes in the patients status to the Registered Nurse.
9. Monitor the patient milieu for safety issues and assist with
promoting a positive therapeutic environment.
10. Respond to patient care needs and issues, assist patients with
personal hygiene and other activities of daily living. Collaborate
with nurses to assist with any patient nursing needs.
11. Assist in the admitting, discharging and transferring process
ensuring that patient safety is addressed, monitor patient
valuables during belongings search and enter proper data into
12. Participate in treatment team meetings, assist with development
of care plans and report any issues for shift directly to the
13. Maintain yearly/biyearly requirements of CPR and Aggression
14. Perform other duties as assigned.
32 hours per week, evening shifts.
Beth Israel Lahey Health is an integrated system providing
patients with better care wherever they are. Care informed by
world-class research and education. We are doctors and nurses,
technicians and social workers, innovators and educators, and so
many others. All with a shared vision for what healthcare can and
should be. We are committed to attracting, developing and retaining
top talent. We strive to create a diverse and inclusive workplace
that reflects the communities in which we work and serve. With a
team approach to care, we encourage learning and growth at all
levels and offer competitive salaries and benefits.
College degree in psychology or related field preferred with
theoretical as well as practical knowledge of the clinical
Exhibits ability to be competent in the following areas:
1) One-to-one interactions with patients
2) De-escalation/Restraint Management
Demonstrates a positive demeanor that allows for respectful and
courteous interaction with all external and internal customers.
Works cooperatively and effectively with others with ability to
adapt to changes in the workplace as part of maintaining currency
Must be fluent in English (verbal and written).