Company: US Tool Group
Posted on: August 5, 2022
Job Description Associate Buyer Lynn, MAJob DescriptionWho We
Are: You will be working for an innovative supplier of industrial
products and services that produce Best-in-Class cost savings for
our customers. These solutions include: Integrated Supply Chain
Management, Production Cutting Tool Reconditioning, Industrial
Vending, Custom Value Added Solutions, Information Technology and
Product Engineering. Founded in 1958, we grew to be the largest
cutting tool reconditioning firm in North America. Our customers
include the largest aerospace and defense contractors in the
industry and major manufacturers in the power generation, fluid
control and transportation markets. US Tool Group has been
committed to providing quality products and outstanding service,
supported by the uncompromising dedication of our employees.If you
- A total understanding and working knowledge of Purchasing's
- Knowledge of MRP/ERP planning system for placing purchase
orders and understand forecast and usage.
- Placement of PO against requisitions.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Able to multitask and be a team player.
- Must be able to travel 2-3 times per month within a 40 mile
radius from base.
- An understanding how an ECN (Engineering change notice) will
affect cost, inventory, Leadtime and stockouts.
- Knowledge of P21
- Supplier Management skills
- Knowledge of Tooling
- Knowledge of tooling vending machines on the plant floor
- Working knowledge of Excel A typical day may look like this:
- Print reports and purchase orders.
- Email cribs for any product requests to be transferred between
- Check for inventory discrepancies and correct.
- Prepare planner sheets, place proposed orders.
- Order product from approved planner sheets. Call vendors and
- Respond to discrepancies received by comparison of purchase
orders to packing list and invoices
- Contact vendors to resolve any issues related to received
- Communicate purchase orders to selected vendors (verbal, fax,
- Expedite open purchase orders and resolve related
- Evaluate usage and replenishment records.
- Fill Shop Requests for products not currently carried.
- Continually look for better products, compare pricing, and note
trends in usage
- Keep work area organized and clean
- Address special projects as assigned by Supervisor or Project
Manager We provide:
- Health, Vision, Dental and Life Insurance
- Competitive salary
- 401K benefit options
- Paid holiday and paid time off accrual
- Weekly Pay
- A work-hard play-hard environment Personal and professional
Keywords: US Tool Group, Lynn , Associate Buyer, Other , Lynn, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!