Postdoctoral Fellowship, Protein Expression & Modification Division
Company: New England Biolabs
Posted on: January 26, 2023
We are seeking a talented, highly motivated researcher to join
the Protein Expression and Modification Division at New England
Biolabs as a postdoctoral fellow. The successful candidate will
primarily focus on discovery, engineering and characterization of
protein-modifying enzymes and enzymes for glycobiology
- Establish and optimize a microdroplet enzyme screening workflow
which is compatible with in vitro protein synthesis reactions and
cell-based metagenomic library screening.
- Develop assays suitable for microdroplet screening and
metagenomic library screening.
- Utilize the microdroplet screening system to discover/engineer
enzymes with the primary focus on protein-modifying enzymes or
- Characterize the discovered/engineered enzymes and apply them
in proteomics or other analytical workflows.
- Effectively communicate the discoveries to the scientific
community through presentations and peer-reviewed
publications.Required Qualifications and Experience:
- PhD in Biochemistry, molecular biology, Chemistry or related
- Advanced skill level in molecular biology and protein
- Strong multitasking ability.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- A strong work ethic with an emphasis on both efficiency and
quality of work.
- Proven ability to work independently and in collaborative team
environments.Preferred Qualifications and Experience:
- Experience with microdroplet screening or metagenomic library
- Experience with FACS Flow Cytometry is a plus.
- Experience with protein evolution.
- Knowledge with bioinformatics or protein structure is also a
plus.This position offers exciting opportunities for research
training in an industrial setting, collaboration with academic
institutions, publishing in peer-reviewed journals and
participation in meetings and conferences.NEB currently requires
all employees located in the United States to be fully vaccinated
against COVID-19. New hires must be fully vaccinated prior to the
first date of employment. NEB will consider requests for reasonable
accommodations, as required by applicable law.EEO StatementNew
England Biolabs is committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive
community; as an EEO/AA employer, New England Biolabs considers
applicants for employment without regard to, and does not
discriminate on the basis of, race, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran
status or disability. More in-depth details of EEO are
availablehere. Information regarding New England Biolabs commitment
to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion can be found here.New England
Biolabs is a participating employer in the Employment
Verification(E-Verify)program.OFCCP's pay transparency policy can
be found on OFCCP's website atwww.dol.gov/ofccpIf you need an
accommodation for any part of the employment process because of a
medical condition or disability, please send an email
firstname.lastname@example.org call 978-927-5054 to let us know the nature of your
Keywords: New England Biolabs, Lynn , Postdoctoral Fellowship, Protein Expression & Modification Division, Other , Ipswich, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!