Company: Newburyport Bank
Posted on: January 27, 2023
Newburyport Bank is a premier community bank in the Greater
Seacoast looking to expand our team. We are seeking an enthusiastic
individual for the position of Relationship Banker at our Newbury
location. The Relationship Banker is an advocate and expert on the
Bank's products and services, as well as, seeks and builds old and
new relationships by providing first class customer service.If you
are seeking an organization who treats customers, employees, and
community members with respect, fairness, and an unwavering
commitment to professional growth and development, apply
now.Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
however other duties may be assigned as dictated by business
- Demonstrates understanding of and commitment to the Bank's
ongoing mission, vision and core values.
- Maintains a thorough knowledge of all Newburyport Bank
products, services, procedures, policies and appropriate regulatory
issues relating to daily job functions.
- Consistently provides superior professional service to all
customers with helpful, professional, friendly behaviors reflecting
commitment to the high service excellence standards expected at
- Retains existing customers and deepens relationships with new
and existing customers. Implements all recommendation strategies,
including new products and services developed by management.
- Participates in all Bank wide incentive programs and Bank
business development initiatives, while promoting products and
services to add value and create customer awareness.
- Services customers by processing a variety of transactions with
minimal or no errors according to established Newburyport Bank
policies and procedures; including but not limited to: accepting
checks for cash and deposit; processing payments for loans and
other services; maintaining necessary logs and processing mailed
deposits; completing incoming and outgoing wire documentation.
- Verifies all transactions, place holds as appropriate and
balances cash drawer upon completion of assigned shift to ensure
compliance with Newburyport Bank standards policies. Seeks
assistance as needed to resolve balancing discrepancies.
- Processes night deposit bags, recording proper information in
the log under dual control and adjusting when necessary with
- Identifies and matches customer needs with Newburyport Bank
products and services by interviewing customers and discussing
their financial needs including making referrals to other
colleagues and departments to ensure customer needs are met.
- Opens new accounts, certificates of deposit, and all other
ancillary products offered by the Bank.
- Assists customers with ATM related issues, daily ATM balancing
procedures and night deposit procedures.
- Performs security function by opening and closing bank and
vault, and ensuring overall safety and security of bank grounds.
- Minimum of high school education or equivalent in addition to
3+ years of retail or customer service experience, preferably in a
teller and or customer service role or a combination of both.
- Proficiency with Microsoft applications including Outlook, Word
- Comfortable with utilizing internet based applications.
- Basic understanding and aptitude for math, working with numbers
and cash handling.
- Demonstrated aptitude for Customer Service, and comfort level
with verbal and written communications.
- Detail orientation and organizational skills.
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team.Member FDIC
-Member DIF - EOE/Disabilities- Veterans - Equal Housing Lender-
Keywords: Newburyport Bank, Lynn , Relationship Banker, Other , Newbury, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!