Electrical Controls Designer
Posted on: August 2, 2022
Since 1849, America has trusted the Gorton's fisherman. -And for
over 170 years, Gorton's has trusted our employees to work with
integrity, pursue their curiosity, respond with agility, work
collaboratively, and be passionate about our mission. -We have an
excellent opportunity for an Electrical Controls Designer
interested in joining our growing Engineering team. -Gorton's
offers the entrepreneurial spirit of a smaller organization,
combined with the leadership of a category leader in consumer
products. -We invite you to join our company based in the local
waters of Gloucester, Massachusetts. -Job Summary:This newly
created developmental position is for an engineer, electrician, or
other similar technical background to support and provide back-up
for the electrical design and controls function to support Gorton's
businesses. -This position is designed for a candidate that has
prior experience with electrical controls systems, or an electrical
or engineering background with a desire to learn these types of
systems. Systems typically supported by this role include process
and packaging automation, robotic systems, and in-house designed
equipment. This position is part of Gorton's Engineering department
and reports to Gorton's Electrical Engineering Manager. -
- Develop, create, update, and maintain electrical schematics and
- Design electrical control panels
- Become knowledgeable in the various software and platforms used
at Gorton's manufacturing locations
- Develop skills sufficient to act as back-up to Electrical
- Ability to provide to projects and support for plant
- Licensed Electrician, Engineering Degree, or Technical School
graduate with electrical and control system experience, or a desire
to learn these types of systems.
- Proven computer skills.
- Prior PLC, HMI & VFD programming or troubleshooting experience
- Knowledge and understanding of electrical standards.
- Basic knowledge of power distribution systems.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a team-based
- Ability and willingness to travel to vendor sites and other
Candidates must have permanent U.S. work authorization.
Gorton's offers excellent growth potential along with an attractive
benefits and compensation package.
Gorton's is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Keywords: Gorton's, Lynn , Electrical Controls Designer, Professions , Gloucester, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!