Inventory Control Associate
Posted on: January 15, 2023
Americold provides temperature-controlled warehousing and
transportation to food producers, restaurants, schools and retail
outlets such as grocery stores. We're proud to provide an essential
link in the food industry supply chain and to help put food on
tables around the world.
Based in Atlanta, Georgia, Americold owns and operates
temperature-controlled warehouses around the world. We have over
16,000 associates and offer a wide variety of career opportunities
- from warehouse forklift operators and supervisors to accounting,
administration, business development, customer support,
engineering, transportation, and technology solutions
Assists in maintaining an accurate record of inventory. Assists in
preventing and resolving inventory discrepancies.
• Promote a safe work environment through personal actions.
Identify and report on any safety concerns.
• Conduct regular inventory counts (i.e. cycle counts and full
physical inventories). Record count results and discrepancies.
Communicate count results to Management and/or the Customer as
• Research and resolve inventory discrepancies including, but not
limited to: researching customer claims, cycle count for missing
product, adjust inventory quantities, print labels, handle damaged
inventory, disposing of inventory.
• Update inventory and inventory discrepancies in the Warehouse
Management System including processing adjustments.
• Assist with special projects, handling customer specific
• Report on operational errors impacting inventory performance.
• Other inventory related duties as requested.
Qualifications & Experience:
• High school diploma or general education degree (GED) plus one to
three years' office experience or equivalent training and
• Experienced with AS/400 and Microsoft Office, including Word and
• Forklift license
Knowledge & Employment Standards:
• Ability to work in fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment.
• Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide whole numbers,
fractions, and decimals.
Physical Requirements & Abilities:
• Requires the ability to sit for long periods of time, with
• Requires several hours per day of sitting, getting up and down
from chairs, and reaching, or bending
• Requires manual dexterity with normal hand and finger movements
for typical office work
• Talking, hearing, and seeing are important elements of completing
• May require travel by automobile and airplane up for business
• May require a visit facility operations in temperatures at or
• May carry loads related to travel and occasionally lifts,
carries, positions, or moves objects weighing up to 20 pounds
• Requires the use of various electronic tools
• Requires the ability to relate to others beyond giving and
receiving instructions: must partner with colleagues without
exhibiting behavioral extremes
• Requires the performance of work activities including reasoning,
negotiating, instructing, persuading, or speaking with others; and
respond appropriately to constructive feedback from executive
Americold is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
EOE/AA M/F/D/V DFW.
Keywords: Americold, Lynn , Inventory Control Associate, Professions , Gloucester, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!