Company: Harbor Management
Posted on: January 26, 2023
Harbor Management is seeking to fill a full-time Maintenance
Technicianfor our adult community in Ipswich, MA. The maintenance
technician willassist tenants with repairs needed in their
apartments as well as repairs tovacant units to turn-over the unit
to make it ready for occupancy. Themaintenance technician is also
part of an on-call rotation that requires thecandidate to live
within 20-30 minutes of our properties to get to a site
foremergency and after hours calls.BASIC FUNCTION
- Maintains physical condition of entire property.RELATIONSHIPS
- Reports to Maintenance Superintendent and/or On-Site
- Maintains relationships with other staff members.
- Maintains relationships with suppliers, vendors, and
professionals servicing the company or property.
RESPONSIBILITIESThe activities listed below are not all inclusive.
However, they are indicative of the type of activities normally
performed by the maintenance superintendent.
- Prioritizes work orders;
- Follows up on work assignments for efficient, thorough
- Makes regular inspections of the property;
- Notifies management of maintenance problems and recommended
- Meets with on-site manager daily to report on status of all
- Keeps workshop or utility room clean, orderly, and safe;
- Obtains thorough knowledge of power, water, and gas turnoffs,
cleanout traps, fire extinguishers and fire hydrants;
- Assists in all aspects of the property's maintenance, including
grounds, custodial, preventive, corrective, deferred and emergency
- Maintains exterior and public lighting,
- Clears gutters and downspouts,
- Repairs structural wear and damage to buildings,
- Cares for lawn, plants, shrubs and flowers,
- Cleans parking areas, sidewalks, alleyways, hallways and common
- Prepares vacant apartments,
- Services appliances, equipment, plumbing, electrical system,
- Picks up trash on property,
- Cleans garbage area,
- Watches out for the unusual.
- Able to lift 20- 50 pounds
- Able to bend, kneel, stand for lengths of timeQUALIFICATIONSA.
High school education or equivalent.B. Minimum three years
full-time maintenance experience.C. Willingness to perform any task
that is required.E. Good safety habits.F. Working knowledge of
electrical, plumbing and carpentry.G. Familiarity with HVAC systems
and various appliances. Competitive salary and benefit package that
includes a generous amount of paid holidays, PTO, health/dental
insurance, 401K plan, EAP (Employee Assistance Program).
Pre-employment background check & drug test required. Harbor
Management is an Equal Opportunity Employer. PI202056284
Keywords: Harbor Management, Lynn , Maintenance Technician, Professions , Ipswich, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!