Company: Veolia North America
Posted on: January 27, 2023
Company DescriptionVeolia Group aims to be the benchmark company
for ecological transformation. With nearly 220,000 employees
worldwide, the Group designs and provides game-changing solutions
that are both useful and practical for water, waste and energy
management. Through its three complementary business activities,
Veolia helps to develop access to resources, preserve available
resources and replenish them. In 2021, the Veolia group provided 79
million inhabitants with drinking water and 61 million with
sanitation, produced nearly 48 million megawatt hours and recovered
48 million tonnes of waste. Veolia Environnement (Paris Euronext:
VIE) achieved consolidated revenue of 28,508 billion euros in 2021.
www.veolia.comJob DescriptionPOSITION PURPOSEManages all aspects of
the maintenance function of a small wastewater treatment plant, 2
water treatment plants, 29 wastewater pumping stations as well as
STEP and grinder systems. Manages Preventive, Predictive and
Corrective maintenance services, installation or repairs in one or
more skills areas such as plumbing, mechanical, electrical repairs,
pneumatic, hydraulic, installation, carpentry, painting or vehicle
servicing.PRIMARY DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develops and manages Reliability-Centered Maintenance
Strategies. Manages Preventive, Predictive and Corrective
Maintenance programs for equipment, instrumentation and
- Establishes maintenance schedules and ensures that machines,
equipment, tooling and other accessories are properly maintained
and in top working condition. Assists in diagnosing and evaluating
complex equipment and process failures.
- Ensures that maintenance resources are being utilized to
achieve project objectives.
- Oversees the human resource functions of assigned team
including hiring and firing, performance appraisals, coaching and
counseling team. Recommends and provides input for salary and job
change actions. Works with EHSS and training team to ensure that
all personnel receive safety and process training.
- Coaches and counsels team to improve technical skills and
interpersonal and problem resolution skills. Works to identify and
provide opportunities for team to learn new skills and
- Implements and runs CMMS and Asset Management programs.
- Prepares work orders either manually or from a CMMS system as
required and prepares work related reports, procurement
requisitions, charts, graphs and data submittal requirements in an
accurate and timely manner.
- Ensures that consistent maintenance and quality assurance
procedures are followed in all assigned areas and shifts. Ensures
that uniform recordkeeping is performed facility-wide.
- Manages maintenance inventory, procurement and cost controls.
Coordinates work with operational staff and assists in capacity
management. Negotiates contracts with external vendors.
- Provides leadership in achieving safety goals. Proactively
manages safety and environmental issues and ensures compliance with
Federal and State standards including Hazardous Waste Disposal and
Air Quality Standards. Ensures that issues are identified,
addressed, and that risks are eliminated in a timely manner.
- Oversees capital projects and plant modifications
- Works on the project leadership team to ensure optimum
operational efficiencies and capacity requirements are met and that
external customer requirements are achieved.
- May occasionally be called upon to fill in or help handle
excess maintenance demands.WORK ENVIRONMENTTypically spends 75% of
time in operations environment and 25% of time in an office
environment. May need to work outside in inclement weather
conditions and drive company vehicle to perform duties.Possible
Work Hazards:May be exposed to possible operations hazards
including dust, fumes, toxic and caustic chemicals, rotating
machinery, high pressure, hot or cold work temperatures, slippery
surfaces, water and electrical hazards.QualificationsEducation /
Experience / Background
- Technical / trade school or licensing (plumbing, welding,
electrician, HVAC, etc) a plus.
- At least seven years in various positions within a water /
wastewater treatment environment with knowledge of methods,
principles and practices of operating, maintaining and repairing
wastewater/water treatment plant equipment and pump stations.
- Experience with pumps, motor, hydraulics, compressed air,
electronics (VFD's, PLC's etc.), high speed rotating equipment and
- At least three years Lead or Supervisory experience required
with understanding of human relations, training, performance
evaluation and health and safety.Knowledge / Skills / Abilities
- Must demonstrate knowledge of current and pending water
treatment standards, regulations and federal, state and local laws
- Must have an understanding of water /wastewater treatment
process engineering, water quality assurance, maintenance strategy
and laboratory procedures.
- Must demonstrate effective skills in troubleshooting, problem
solving and team building.
- Ingenuity and initiative are required to coordinate problem
resolution and to execute the schedule requirements within a team
- Must have a general knowledge of budget preparation and
understanding of cost control.
- Demonstrated excellent verbal communications and interpersonal
skills in order to interface with and motivate all levels of
- Demonstrated ability to prepare accurate, timely, effective,
complete and easily understood written communications and
- Proficiency in the care and use of all site specific, facility
required PPE (Personal Protection Equipment).
- PC skills and knowledge of word processing, spreadsheet and
presentation software for preparing work related reports, charts,
graphs and data submittal requirements. Ability to use computer
systems for preparing work orders and purchase requisitions. (CMMS
- Must be able to serve rotational 24 hour emergency on-call if
required by site.
- Demonstrated commitment to compliance with applicable laws and
regulations, the Company's Code of Business Conduct and other
Company policies and procedures.Required Certification / Licenses /
- Holding or working toward the highest level of Water /
Wastewater Certification and highest level of Water Treatment
Certification as required by site is a benefit.
- Must stay abreast of advancements in technology and
- HAZWOPER (Hazardous Waste Operations and Emergency Response)
Level I and II certification is a benefit.
- Forklift certification & Massachusetts hoisting licenses are a
- May perform more advanced functions as part of training and
development.Physical RequirementsAmount of time spent - Standing
25%, Sitting 25%, Walking 50%.While performing the duties of this
job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger,
handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The
employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, or crouch and
enter confined spaces. May be required to use ladders or stairs.The
employee must lift and/or move up to 50 pounds (occasionally 60
pounds). Specific vision abilities required by this job include
close vision, distance vision, color vision, and ability to adjust
focus. Requires close visual observation to detect process
non-conformance and machine malfunction.Additional
InformationVeolia's comprehensive benefits package includes paid
time off policies, as well as health, dental and vision insurance.
In addition, employees are also entitled to participate in an
employer sponsored 401(k) plan, to save for retirement.Pay and
benefits for employees represented by a union are outlined in their
collective bargaining agreement.A subsidiary of Veolia group,
Veolia North America (VNA) offers a full spectrum of water, waste
and energy management services, including water and wastewater
treatment, commercial and hazardous waste collection and disposal,
energy consulting and resource recovery. VNA helps commercial,
industrial, healthcare, higher education and municipality customers
throughout North America. Headquartered in Boston, Mass., Veolia
North America has more than 10,000 employees working at more than
350 locations across the continent. www.veolianorthamerica.com As
an inclusive company, Veolia is committed to diversity and gives
equal consideration to all applications, without discrimination. We
are an Equal Opportunity Employer! All qualified applicants will
receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, disability or protected veteran status.As an inclusive
company, Veolia is committed to diversity and gives equal
consideration to all applications, without discrimination.We are an
Equal Opportunity Employer! All qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Keywords: Veolia North America, Lynn , Maintenance Manager, Professions , Gloucester, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!