Delivery Driver (non-CDL)
Company: HD Supply
Posted on: March 19, 2023
- Prior experience delivering merchandise to customers using a
box truck or similar vehicle.
- 1+ years of experience operating material handling
- No more than 2 minor accidents in the past rolling 3
- No more than 2 moving violations in the past rolling 3
- Wholesale distribution experience.Job SummaryMakes deliveries
to customers using a company-provided or rental vehicle. Maintains
records of deliveries, inspects and maintains delivery vehicles,
and provides customer service on order and delivery issues. This
position requires operation of a company or rental vehicle, and
this operation may be done during the average work week. If
selected for this position, the company will continuously monitor
Motor Vehicle Records (MVRs). A requirement of this position is an
acceptable MVR status and a valid driver's license.Major Tasks,
Responsibilities, and Key Accountabilities
- Delivers customer orders safely within a service area,
including interfacing with customers on order issues.
- Loads inventory into trucks and unloads orders at customer
sites using powered and non-powered material handling
- Reviews order manifests to ensure customer orders and daily
routes are complete and accurate.
- Performs pre- and post-trip inspections in accordance with
Department of Transportation regulations and internal policies and
- Maintains routine contact with the distribution center to
receive instructions on delivery interruptions, such as traffic
congestion or missing orders.
- Prepares and maintains vehicle and customer order records in
accordance with company policies and procedures.
- Contacts customers to provide updates on delivery
- Provides feedback to management on escalated customer service
and sales-related issues.Nature and Scope
- Refers complex, unusual problems to supervisor.
- Under general supervision, exercises some judgment in
accordance with well-defined policies, procedures, and techniques.
Work typically involves regular review of output by a senior
coworker or supervisor.Work Environment
- Typically located in a comfortable environment but with regular
exposure to factors that may cause noticeable discomfort or a
moderate risk of accident or illness, such as temperature extremes,
moving machinery, loud noises, and fumes.
- Requires intermittent periods during which continuous physical
exertion is required, such as walking, standing, stooping,
climbing, lifting, and maneuvering material or equipment that may
be heavy (50+ pounds) or awkward.
- Typically requires overnight travel less than 10% of the
time.Education and Experience
- HS Diploma or GED strongly preferred. Specialized skills
training/certification may be required. Generally 2-5 years of
experience in area of responsibility.
Keywords: HD Supply, Lynn , Delivery Driver (non-CDL), Professions , Lynn, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...